All the legal stuff:
By reading or using this website, you indicate your acceptance and agreement with the following terms and information. If you do not accept these terms, please kindly click away from this website.
We may update this policy from time to time as needed. When changes are made, they will be set out on this page. Continuing to use this website you have agreed to these changes, and you can check back regularly if you have any concerns. Gypsyfootprints is GDR compliant. This policy is updated as of April 29th 2018.
It is possible to unsubscribe at any time by simply clicking the link at the bottom of an email. Having trouble? Send an email to us with the subject line “unsubscribe,” and we will take you off our list.
(1) General Disclaimer – We take our commitment to protect the privacy and security of out website users very seriously. We will never intentionally disclose personal information about you as an individual user, but please note the internet as a whole is not a secure forum. Exercise caution whenever disclosing personal information on any website. Gypsyfootprints provides the information on these pages as a public service for informational purposes only. All information provided through this website, or through Gypsyfootprints’s email subscription are provided without any warranties of any kind. Your use of this website does not constitute or establish a contractual relationship with Gypsyfootprints. However, you may subscribe to certain services through this website, in which case you agree to Gypsyfootprints Terms and Conditions outlined at that time.
(2) Copyright – This site and all the information it contains, including, but not limited to, articles, blog posts, photographs, videos, opinions, text, guides, trademarks, and trade names, (“Protected Information”) are the property of Gypsyfootprints, and is protected from unauthorized use, copying, distribution and dissemination by U.S. Copyright law, international conventions, and other intellectual property laws. All rights reserved.
(3) Third Party Information Disclaimer – Certain links on this site lead to websites controlled by other parties. Other websites we link to include “social media” sites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such services. When you submit information or data to third parties, their privacy policies, not ours, will govern their use of the information and data. You can review the privacy policies and terms of service of all such third parties. We do not make any representations regarding the policies or practices of such third parties. We do not share any of your personally identifiable information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
This site also uses Google Analytics, which collects cookies and usage data. This simply means that google will analyze visitor behavior in an anonymous form, to track, examine and compile statistical reports on the traffic and activity of the website. This is all used to enhance your experience on the website and help us to tailor it for a better experience for you, the user.
We will not share your personal information with or sell it to any other third-party unless we have your permission or the law requires us to. Any personal information we hold about you is stored and processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, to help us organize and process user data.
(4) Cookies – Yum!! Not the kind of cookies you might be thinking of. A cookie is a small text file containing information that a website transfers to your computer’s hard disk for record-keeping purposes and allows us to analyse our site traffic patterns. Unfortunately, it does not contain chocolate chips, you cannot eat it and there is no glass of milk served with it.
Right now, there are two basic types of cookies. One is a session cookie which terminates when the user’s session ends. The second is a persistent cookie, which is a text file that stays stored on your computer for a period of time. Cookies do not provide us with access to your computer. Your Internet browser contains instructions about how to remove persistent cookies. If you reject all cookies, you may not be able to take full advantage of this site.
(6) How your information is used – We typically use your information to deliver information to you and to improve the design and performance of the Website. We may use your information to deliver to you, among other things, communications, emails, occasional newsletter, products, services, offers, and other things we think might be relevant to you.